Are you an enthusiastic self-starter who wants to make a real difference within a small but growing environmental consultancy? Do you want to be part of our growth story to help deliver outstanding services to our clients? If that sounds like you, then we have an exciting opportunity for the position of part time Office Manager here at Madexa ERS.
A bit about you
To be successful in this role you will have a positive ‘can do’ attitude with a solutions-based approach to problem solving. You will be a great communicator and team player, you will be flexible, hardworking and enjoy the challenge that comes with working in a growing company. If that sounds like you then read on…
Under the general guidance and support of the Managing Director, the position will be office based though we are flexible and can accommodate appropriate homeworking. The role will require that work is completed in a timely manner and to a high-quality standard. You will demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter who is able to plan ahead and prioritise daily, weekly and monthly tasks.
The role is part time and 16 hours per week. Flexible working arrangements, a competitive salary and scope for further hours as the business grows!
A bit about us
Madexa ERS is a small but growing environmental consultancy based in Sheffield but working across the UK. We work with a diverse range of clients’ to address their specific needs and ensure successful project outcomes and regulatory compliance. Great customer service and communication are at the heart of everything we do and are key to delivering our clients with a high-quality experience, from initial enquiry through successful project delivery and beyond.
- Preparing sales invoices and processing purchase invoices using WorkFlowMax & Xero.
- Reconciling Xero and bank accounts.
- Produce the monthly profit & loss account and report to the Directors.
- Updating and maintaining company cash flow records.
- Payroll processing.
- Processing of quarterly VAT returns and payments to HMRC.
- Managing other tax and NI accounts and payments to HMRC.
- Liaising with the company’s accountants as required.
- Managing debtors and maintaining a debtors list.
- Maintaining and updating company contacts (Xero & WorkFlowMax).
- Supporting with staff time allocation / project planning.
- Preparing / maintaining / updating document templates.
- Preparing / maintaining / updating company processes and systems.
- Support with business development, marketing and promotion including social media.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Proven experience in bookkeeping, administration and office management.
- Experience in business development, marketing and promotion including social media management an advantage.
- Proven organisational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ideally, experience of Xero and WorkFlowMax.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Good communication skills – Delivers information to others using the appropriate communication method.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Shows clear understanding of team working and how individual actions impact upon the Business.
- Delivering excellent quality standards and taking responsibility for own actions.
- Planning and Implementation skills – Need to demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter. Need to plan ahead and prioritise daily, weekly and monthly tasks.
- Confidence – Shows confidence in self and the ability to take on new challenges and ask for support when needed.